Total Dedication to God

We had a Bright Lights meeting on the 7th April 2008! That was our last meeting for Set 1. We actually started set 1 again as the newer girls did not have a chance to go through set 1.

This week, we learnt about being fully dedicated to God:
~If we want to fully dedicate ourselves to God, we must love Him. If we love the Lord, we will dedicate ourselves to Him.

~God has given us everything we have, and he wants us to give our lives back to Him. (1 Cor 6:19-20)

~Our life goal is Colossians 1:10 - "That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God."

~God wants us to live our lives wholly for Him, and base our thoughts and actions not on earthly things that will perish but on heavenly things that will last for eternity (Matthew 6:19-21)

~God will bless us if we commit ourselves to living for Him. (Matthew 6:33)


Here are some affirmations for loving the Lord.

Affirmations for Loving the Lord:
- I will ask God to give me the grace to love Him.
- I will not withhold from God that which He asks of me.
- I will be alert to avoid loving anything more than I love the Lord.
- I will set aside my own desires to follow Christ.
- I will seek God with all my heart.
- I will learn to converse with God throughout the day.
- I will ask God to reveal and remove the secret sins of my heart.
- I will resist the devil's attempts to draw me away from God.
- I will learn and keep Christ's commands.
- I will meditate on God's Word.
- I will yield the members of my body to work out the righteousness of God.
- I will examine my love for God by evaluating my love for others.

And now, on to the pictures!:)




Doing singing exercises by Ms. Hazel














Evangeline playing If I Planted A Garden
















Phoebe and Priscilla singing...
Lalalala...
















Phoebe playing For the Beauty of the Earth
I am really proud of her because she played really well and it was her first time playing for us during singing:)















Pris sharing a testimony during large group




















Fellowshipping after the meeting..
Smile, Suyin!:)
















Phoebe and I cleaning up









Since we finished set 1, we celebrated with ice-cream sundaes! Yummy... Phoebe took some really nice pictures of them and so she'll be put them in another post.

May God bless all of you in your week as you do your schoolwork, housework and relate to people. Always remember to do everything for the Lord! Be strong in His mighty grace and power!

"Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ."
~2 Timothy 2:1-3~

*text by Carmen, pictures by Danielle:)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting and for your encouragement!
    Very nice pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the wonderful effort and time that you girls have put through to blog and that allows and encourages me very much!!

    Loads of thanks to you all!!
    God bless:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...