Our Words

Hi all, I know it's been a really long time since this Bright Lights meeting that we had on May 26, and I'm sorry it took me so long to post it over here. So anyway, here's what we learnt and some pictures to go with it. :)

Our Words
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." ~Psalm 19:14
Here are five ways we should not use our words:
1. Bad Words (swearing, cursing)
2. Harmful Words (gossip, blame, teasing, criticism)
3. False Words (lying, exaggeration, deceit)
4. Proud Words
5. Inappropriate or Unnecessary Words

~ The tongue may be little, but it has an incredible power - power to bring life or death (Prov. 18:21), and our words can pierce like a double-edged sword.

Benefits When We Use Our Tongue Wisely:

-You will have joy (Prov 15:23)
-You will nourish many people spiritually (Prov 10:21)
-You will bring healing to others (Prov 12:18)
-It will guard your life (Prov 13:3)
-You will see good days (I Pet 3:10)
-You will be kept from calamity (Prov. 21:23)
-You will be able to keep every other area of your life in check (Jas 3:2)

Three Best Ways
Three of the best ways to use our words are found in Psalm 100:4, which says simply, "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name."
1. Praise
We should praise God, praise others, and praise God to others.
2. Thanksgiving
We should not take things for granted but instead have an attitude of thanksgiving, "...for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thess 5:18
3. Blessing

We played the Telephone game to show how words, like gossip, can change.






"The Indonesian prawn crackers are good!"


















"The Indonesian pastor threw a light stick."


















"The Indonesian lipstick."


(Don't ask me how they changed so dramatically, but that's how the message really went!)












My small group sharing testimonies













Abigail teaching with an awesome mind map she drew













Priscilla's group!












After dinner, we all played Taboo (that just so happened also to have something to do with words; in fact, it's about being careful about what words you say.)












Taboo from a different angle:)







Okay, that's all! I hope you all had a lot of fun at the recent IBLP seminar! I know I did! :) Have a great week, girls! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...