Away from distractions...




The day before we were to have this older girls' meeting, I realised that only one girl, Joanna, had replied to say she was coming. I panicked. We can't have a meeting with just one girl! Then I remembered that numbers don't matter to God. If He wanted only one girl to come, that was fine with me:) I sent out smses to remind everyone about the meeting and I found out that eight girls were planning on coming. Praise the Lord! 

Together, we spent a nice quiet afternoon at the Botanic Gardens.

While the sun shone and the crickets chirpped, we fellowshipped, shared thoughts, and most importantly, spent an hour alone in God's word and prayer:) 

The topic of our meeting was David - a man after God's own heart. 
We studied passages in the Bible and excerpts from books that explained to us how... 

1.     David worshipped God 
"One thing have I desired of the Lord. That will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beuaty of the Lord, and to inquire at his temple." Psalms 27:4  

2.     David searched his heart 
"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting," Psalms 139:23-24  

3.     David delighted in God's word 
"I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart." Psalms 40:8 

I was encouraged to hear the girls' sharing about what they had learned and wanted to apply:) 
Pray that we will all persevere to change in the ways the Lord has shown us!  

In your hectic day to day life, do you find it hard to find time where you can unhurriedly study the Bible and pray? For me, the solution is to specifically put aside the time and to do it in a park because there are less distractions. I pray that you will do so today!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...